Alan Hourihane wrote:
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 03:26:45PM -0700, Brian Paul wrote:

Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Mit, 2002-11-06 at 01:39, Brian Paul wrote:

Bret Towe wrote:

i recently grabed the mesa 4.1 branch to test out
mainly to see if the multitexture problem with
celestia was fixed also to see how it looked anyhow after
seeing celestia crash as per the norm i tried using the
LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 with celestia and it crashs x
everytime for me

On a related note, the celestia demo used to be one of the more reliable
ways to provoke a hard lockup on top of incorrect rendering, but those
problems seem to be gone with the texmem branch, and it seems to run
smoother than ever! Great work everybody, can't wait for the texmem and
mesa-4-1 branches to be merged on the trunk. :)
Just FYI:

Mesa 4.1 has been rev'd to 5.0 in CVS (the 5 indicates OpenGL 1.4 support
and the 0 indicates a stable release).  I hope to get it released by
Saturday.

Then, I'll bring that into the mesa-4-1 branch in CVS, and merge the
trunk DRI changes into the mesa-4-1 branch.  Once that seems solid, I'll
merge to the DRI trunk. (probably a few weeks away)

Brian,

Can you give me the heads up before you merge that back into the trunk.
Will do.

I'd like to pick up any final fixes before XFree86 4.3.0
Is there an ETA for XFree86 4.3.0?

-Brian