On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:00:27 -0700
Brian Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Felix Kühling wrote:
[...]
> There's a bug in your program.  The GL light position is a homogeneous
> coordinate (4 components) but you're only providing 3 components:
>
>      GLfloat lightpos[3] = {0.0, 10.0, 0.0};
>
> The 4th coordinate is effectively random.  Changing this to:
>
>      GLfloat lightpos[4] = {0.0, 10.0, 0.0, 1.0};
>
> Fixes the problem.

Ok, thanks. I read the manpage of glLight again and tried it with
different values for the fourth component. For 1.0 and 0.0 hardware and
software TCL seem to behave identically. For all other values their
behaviour differs somehow. As I don't know how to interpret values other
than 0.0 and 1.0 I can't tell which behaviour is "correct" (maybe
both?).

> -Brian

Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!