User wrote:
I have a quick question. I currently use debian linux and I noticed
something very weird. I was using the Mesa 3.4.2 package for my opengl
rendering, but I then went ahead and tried the xlibmesa package
instead. Now when I run 'glxgears -info' I get a very high number from
before. Check down below for stats.

Mesag3 package: (ver : 3.4.2 )

FPS : 257

Xlibmesa3 package: ( ver : xlibmesa3-4.2.1-4 )

FPS : 570
I am running a Radeon 7200 video card. Pretty impressive.
Thanks for good coding ( and optimization ), in the near future once I
feel comfortable with writing code and releasing it, I am going to
contribute to the fulliest.
Sounds like you may have upgraded from software rendering to hardware
rendering.  The output of glxinfo before and after would answer that.

-Brian