On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 22:34, Jon Smirl wrote:
> Would anyone happen to have code for warm booting a
> secondary video card in kernel context from a device
> driver? I'd also like to find a small stand-alone app
> for doing this.
>
> If not I can always start hacking on the Int10 code in
> X.

Its very very hard to do this in kernel context because the kernel
(Linux anyway dunno about BSD) is very convinced it is in 32bit mode.
Thus you need a 16bit user mode task to run your Int10 paths through
vm86().

LRMI probably provides all the bits you need to build such an app for
x86 quickly. For non x86 look at the XFree int10 emulation toys