José Fonseca wrote:
I've been following this thread very closely because I just order a VIA
Mini-ITX motherboard (see
http://www.viavpsd.com/products/epia_mini_itx_spec.jsp ) for making a
MP3/VCD/DVD TvOut media player + router + ... Eventually I also want to turn it into a Linux video game console! ;-)

And guess what? It comes with a onboard Trident CyberBlade i1.

It seems that Trident has no Linux 3D drivers, so there is no fish to
give, but they happily supply a fishing stick, as the chip specification is
freely available from
http://www.viavpsd.com/products/Manual/DS8601A182.pdf .
Ack. That looks like a pretty difficult document to work from -- a challenge of the mach64 order to say the least...

Seems to be a g400/r128/tnt/i810 type chip, though. It's hard to tell from the document, but there really did seem to be a lot of detail missing.

Keith