Hi, since more than 9 months, I experience lockups in DRI 3d mor with my
matrox G400 and the X-4.2 server.

[drm] AGP 0.99 on VIA Apollo KX133 @ 0xd0000000 64MB
[drm] Initialized mga 3.0.2 20010321 on minor 0

They only happen in complex games (q3a, ut, mutantstorm) normally the
machine is totally frozen, not even the sysrq keys work and no messages are
logged.

I have an Athlon-600 VIA VT8371 [KX133] (rev 02) board and the machine has
no other stability issues and would run for months, if I didn't use these
games from time to time...

The kernel has been upgraded several times to no avail. Do you think a newer
mga driver would be more stable? Would I have to upgrade X as well? Should
I rather wait for X-4.3?

F'up to poster,...

--
Moritz Moeller-Herrmann [EMAIL PROTECTED] wiss. Mitarbeiter, IMGB
        La loi, dans un grand souci d'égalité, interdit aux riches comme aux