> The DRI tree no longer contains all the X stuff it needs (hasn't for a
> long time, actually) to build but instead relies on it to be installed
> on the system.

There is a small glitch with current DRI compilation setup.
If ProjectRoot in (otherwise default) host.def is set to something other
than /usr/X11R6, for example:

#define ProjectRoot /home/arkadi/opt/X11R6-DRI-mesa-4-0-4-branch

make World fails because X server linking process asks for some static
libraries using absolute patch. I don't have a log file right now, but
I'm sure the libraries are libXdmcp.a and libXau.a.

arkadi.