Felix Kühling wrote:
Hello,

I just started working on a revision of the DRI Configuration design doc
based on the feedback I received. As Brian suggested I want to implement
the functionality for acquiring available configuration options in
libGL. I had a look at xc/lib/GL/dri and it looks as if dri_glx.[ch]
would be the right place. Is that correct?

How would the new functions be exported to client applications? They are
obviously not declared in any standard header files. An interested
client would also have to do some version checking in order to test
whether the new functions are really available. And it would have to
check if libGL is from DRI in the first place. How would all this work?

All this would not be an issue if we limited access to this
functionality to one command line programme that is distributed with
DRI. Every application that is interested in the DRI configuration would
have to use that programme. But in that case there's not much point
implementing this functionality in a *shared* library.

Am I missing something here?

I thought libGL would have a function, like __glXGetOptions(Display *dpy, int screen) that'd you'd access via dlopen()/dlsym().

__glXGetOptions, in turn, would use the usual DRI mechanism to identify the right driver, open the driver with dlopen() and get the driver's GetOptions() function with dlsym(), and call it.

Something like that.

-Brian