On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 11:46:52AM +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Philip Brown wrote:
> > For example, I'd like to submit a patch set to fix the issue where
> > there is _DRM_LOCK_IS_HELD() calls all over the place, but there really is
> > only one syntax for it:
> >
> > _DRM_LOCK_IS_HELD(dev->lock.hw_lock->lock)
> >
> > It would be more portable if it were simply
> >
> > _DRM_LOCK_IS_HELD(dev)
>
> The change you mention above sounds reasonable -- post a patch to the
> dri-devel list for review.  If it is sane, I'll commit it.

Thanks for the offer.

However, as part of my own sanity checks, I took a look at what was
on the latest cvs stuff... and it appears to be a good deal cleaner than
what I was looking at to start with.

So, this particular patch may not be neccesary after all.

The one nasty that I do see coming up, and I dont see an easy patch for,
is DRM_MALLOC()/DRM_FREE()

Solaris requires knowing the size of the kernel mem you are freeing :-/

But, maybe I can code around it. :-/