Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:
Quoting Keith Whitwell ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

So it's now fairly easy to build either a regular DRI driver, or an fbdev/miniglx driver for the classic radeon on this branch.

Check out the branch, and look in Mesa/Makefile.include for configuration options. People on this list probably aren't interested in the subsetted driver.

It's interesting to see how little support code is actually required to build these drivers -- basically just what is in src/dri. This is a very cut down tree compared to the DRI cvs, but of course it doesn't allow you to work on the 2d driver, libGL.so or the X server dri module.

Hi,

as you might have noticed I'm planning to add hardware accelerated OpenGL
to DirectFB using DRI. I once looked at the code on the whole, but didn't
take any further steps because of the maintenance of the branch (e.g. keeping
drivers up to date). I was very happy that most of the work is already done
using the embedded branch. But before I start looking at the code I want
to ask how much effort it would be to port the Matrox driver as well,
because I don't have a Radeon for testing. As soon as Matrox is supported
in the embedded branch I want to port it from fbdev to DirectFBGL to have
hardware accelerated OpenGL used by multiple applications in alpha transparent
windows. Maybe there could be two "backends": one single application fullscreen
fbdev based backend (the current one) and one multi application windowed
backend (using DirectFB).

It should be pretty easy to get the g400 driver ported to the fbdev/miniglx architecture. You basically need to duplicate what has happened in Mesa/src/drv/radeon/server.

This amounts to: Extract the dri initialization code from Xfree86 (probably in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/mga/mga_dri.c), along with supporting header files, and remove everything not required for the fbdev environment.

The last step is the tricky one, of course. However, it shouldn't be too difficult if you look at the radeon sources & see how these have changed from the XFree version.

Keith