On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:06:45AM -0500, Jonathan Thambidurai wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 11:36, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > I have not provided a diff because it is quite a hack and very
> system
> > > specific, at the moment. Effectively, I forced the virtual size to
> be
> > > 2048x768, hacked the RADEONDoAdjustFrame() function to fix views as
> > > wanted them, used the default cloning stuff to setup the second
> monitor,
> > > and removed all the conditionals that were preventing dual-head+DRI
> from
> > > working.
> >
> > Those apply in this case as well? Are you using two entities?
>
> I should have been more specific: I removed the conditionals that were
> preventing Xinerama+DRI from working.  As I mentioned before, if
> Xinerama is disabled, the desktop ends at 1024, rather than 2048.

BTW, how does this behave with desktop manager, like the gnome 2.2
desktop for example, which can get xinerama hints to draw itself
correctly ? You don't touch xinerama at all in the driver, do you ?
You just use the Virtual and Viewport options (in the configuration file)
to set your screen accordyingly, right ? Does it not cause problems when
you move the viewport inside the virtual space ? Or did you disable this ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther