Charl P. Botha wrote:
Dear list,

http://cpbotha.net/thingies/dri_scapula.png shows a surface-rendering of a
human scapula (shoulder blade).  Notice the strange extra edges that I've
indicated with grotesque red arrows.

http://cpbotha.net/thingies/dri_scapula_wireframe.png is a wireframe
rendering of the exact same data.  Notice the distinct absence of these
extra edges.

This is with current DRI CVS on a Radeon M7.  With X 4.3.0, it renders
perfectly in both cases, i.e. without the edges.  I've also tried with both
TCL and VTX disabled, I still get the unwanted edges.  The application
itself is VTK-based.

My guess is that TCL is for some reason disabling itself & this is a fallback. The edges are caused by incorrect copying of vertices in the mesa t&l module when vertex buffers are filled. Somehow this bug has appeared in the mesa in the dri trunk or perhaps is present but not exposed in XFree86.

Keith