Ian Romanick wrote:
Leif Delgass wrote:
Since our patches are virually identical, it does appear to be a hardware
bug on that particular card.  Looks like we may need to pass a PCI id or
some sort of hardware family designation from the X server to the Mesa
driver. In any case, we'll need to get test reports on as many r100
variants as possible.  If we need workarounds/fallbacks for specific card
revisions, it would be nice to know if they all break in the same way.

The plot thickens. The M6 card I have fails every single test. It basically just always reads back some constant value. If I leave the window alone it reads back the clear value. If I resize the window it gets a random constant value (i.e., every GL_INCR test reads back 32). I would suspect that these are just read-back errors, but the window never gets clears or drawn to. It just contains whatever was there before it opened...until I resize it.

Naturally, the SGI stencil demos work just fine. :(

http://www.sgi.com/software/opengl/examples/glut/advanced/

It turns out that the SGI demos aren't very good tests. The only one that uses INCR or DECR is shadowvol. The others just use INVERT. I changed shadowvol to use INCR_WRAP and DECR_WRAP, and it still worked fine on the M6. Strangeness.