On Fri, 30 May 2003, [iso-8859-15] José Fonseca wrote:

> On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 12:49:57AM -0500, John Sheu wrote:
> > Two questions...
> >
> > 1.  Are the wrapped binary driver packages ever coming back?
>
> Appearently there is a problem while building them, because they are
> back for some time.  I'm going to look into it.
>
> > 2.  It seems with an old one I got (binary driver packages) it was missing the
> > libGL's so that once installed, (for example) glxinfo segfaults as it tries
> > to load old libGL's.  An oversight or purposeful omission?
>
> Not an oversight - libGL shouldn't be necessary as the one that comes
> with XFree86 suits perfectly. The segfault must be due to something
> else.

You shouldn't get a segfault in any case -- a backtrace would be helpful
there.  However, there are some new GLX extensions (the swap/sync
extensions) supported by the drivers that will only work with a new libGL
from the trunk.  The drivers check the internal GLX API version of libGL
in __driRegisterExtensions() before enabling these newly supported GLX
extensions.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net