That's because, like a said earlier, the OGL output plugins convert the
YUV to RGB in software and then displays it as an RGB texture.  none of
the plugins I've looked at use MESA_ycbcr_texture for YUV textures.

Alex

-------------------------------------

Dänzer
> Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:42 AM
> To: Alex Deucher
> Cc: Keith Whitwell; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Dri-devel] [RFC] New Xv adapter using
MESA_ycbcr_texture

> On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 00:09, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > perhaps it would be better to just write opengl output plugins for
> > video applications that used MESA_ycbcr_texture.
>
> I think so, e.g. you lose direct rendering by putting this into the
> server.

I'm sure that MPlayer or Xine actually support an OpenGL output
plugin already. Chances are it's Xine, but I haven't touched it in
6 months, maybe they removed it?

All I remember is that it was terribly slow to output to a YUV or
RGB texture and use OpenGL to display it. Whatever app was playing
the movie etc. did a lot better when it used plain ordinary writing
to pixmaps and blitting them to the window.

--
Matt Sealey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>