On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 03:03:00PM +0200, Dieter Nützel wrote:
> Am Samstag, 14. Juni 2003 23:30 schrieb José Fonseca:
> > >
> > > Where and _when_.
> > >
> > > Isn't there.
> >
> >http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=2584981&forum_id=6512
>
> Do we _need_ a new DRI CVS home, then?
>
> I get this over and over again:
>
> dri-trunk/xc> cvs update
> cvs [update aborted]: recv() from server cvs.dri.sourceforge.net: EOF
>
> Sometimes this:
>
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
> cvs [update aborted]: This server does not support the global -q option.
>
> Didn't the server support compression?

I've seen sometimes the nightly snapshots failing also because of this kind
of errors. This and the delays on the anonymous CVS server seriously
damage the usefullness of the snapshots.

Once I upgrade the XFree86 in the build machine to 4.3.0 (and I no
longer need to mix the XFree86 4.3.0 source code with the DRI CVS) I'm
thinking of doing incremental updates from the CVS via SSH instead of
full checkouts via the anon CVS server as now.

José Fonseca