Felix Kühling wrote:
The infrastructure is more or less complete. The only thing missing in
the branch is the user-space programme xdriinfo as I havn't found a good
place in the tree to commit it :-/. While the Mese tree reorganization
is still going on that will probably not change. However, the code is
ready and I attached the source and a minimal Makefile. (You may have to
replace glXGetProcAddressARB by glXGetProcAddress in the source.)

Why? If the GLX extension string reports GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, theng glXGetProcAddressARB will be statically exported by libGL. If GLX version 1.4 is reported, then glXGetProcAddress will be statically exported by libGL. This applies to all GLX implementations, not just DRI.

Some older versions of the DRI libGL.so did not report GLX_ARB_get_proc_address in the GLX extensions. It was only reported in the client GLX extensions. These older versions of libGL.so were wrong. They also don't support any of the other infrastructutre that xdriinfo needs, so that can safely be ignored. I don't remember clearly, but is there any reason why xdriinfo can't call glXGetClientString? I do remember that some of this is complicated by the desire to run xdriinfo from a console (i.e., no X-server running), but I don't recall all the issues.