On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 02:05:03PM -0300, Maximo wrote:
> At 01:52 PM 27/6/2003, Alan Cox wrote:
> >On Gwe, 2003-06-27 at 17:07, Maximo wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I got the Savage-1_0_0-branch from CVS e tried to compile it and i got no
> >> error but when I copied the drm modules do its place at
> >/lib/modules/.....
> >> e tried to load the module into memory i got this unresolved symbol
> >error:
> >>
> >> /lib/modules/2.4.21/kernel/drivers/char/drm/savage.o: unresolved symbol
> >> pte_offset_kernel
> >>
> >> Does anyone have any ideia to fix that? This error didn't happen when i
> >> compiled the Savage-0_0_1-branch (The old one). Any help?
> >
> >I've done some cleanup of the drm modules in the -ac tree, the ones they
> >included plain wont work
>

> When your modifications will be available on Savage-1_0_0-branch?

The savage-1_0_0-branch wont work until the 3D driver is fixed up for
Mesa 4.x - it's still based on Mesa 3.4.

I think I've fixed up enough of the 2D driver to test this out now, and
the kernel driver works on kernel 2.4.9, but I've not tried on anything
later.

If Alan Cox has some patches for the kernel module, send 'em along and
I'll get them into this branch.

The next step is definately the 3D driver.

Alan.