Dieter Nützel wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2003 18:50 schrieb Ian Romanick:

I have completed all of the device-independent support (both client-side
& server-side) for SGI_make_current_read.  I wanted to update a couple
drivers to support this extension before committing it.  I was able to
update the MGA driver without any problems.  The Radeon (r100) driver is
a totally different story.

To test things, I've been using a modified version of our favorite
glxgears (patch attached) that uses two windows.  The usual gears are
rendered into one window, then the contents of that window are used as a
texture for a single quad in the other window.  The test can run
properly when either SGI_make_read_current, GLX 1.3, or plain GLX 1.1
(i.e., no extensions) is supported.  On the Radeon, this test fails even
in GLX 1.1 mode.

In GLX 1.1 mode, the first window is empty (all black), but the second
window, that uses the contents of the first as a texture, was drawn
correctly.  I tracked this down to a problem in radeonCopyBuffer
(radeon_ioctl.c, line 807).  Even though a __DRIdrawablePrivate is
passed into this function, it uses the drawable stored in the current
context.  Note the uses of rmesa->dri.drawable.  I investigated a bit
further and discovered that the r200 & r128 drivers all have this problem.

Have you tried with the normal CVS trunk r100/r200 driver?
Some others (e.g. Andreas) and I have reported several times that there is a "multi-context" (locking) problem.

See:
[Dri-devel] Problem with Radeon 9000 and lockups
and
[Dri-devel] radeon locking doesnt work right

Try two "gears" plus one "ipers" or two "ipers" => boom.

This is a different issue, I believe. The problem here seems to be related to having two different processes, each with a GL context. The problems that I'm seeing are related to having a single process with multiple contexts.

Some xdemos apps show it, too.
"wincopy" isn't working.

Mesa/xdemos> ./wincopy
glXMakeContextCurrent failed in Redraw()
glXMakeContextCurrent failed in Redraw()
glXMakeContextCurrent failed in Redraw()
[-]

wincopy doesn't work because it's trying to use an unsupported GLX 1.3 call. glXMakeContextCurrent & glXMakeCurrentReadSGI are the functions that I'm trying to add support for. On my system with my patches, wincopy works fairly well. :)

"manywin" update only the lasted created window in hardware mode (n<=28). All additional windows (indirect mode) would be updated simultaneously.
Sometimes it locks X after the second try.

*This* might very well be related. I notice that if manywin is run with '-s' it works fine. Is there a bug filed, either in the DRI database or the XFree86 database, for this?