[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The following patch alters the way triangle fans are split to cover dma buffer
boundaries. Without the patch the first polygon after the split will be
missing. I've only tested the sw tcl case (as my chipset doesn't support hw
tcl) and the problem only manifests when emitting verts (since elts don't
appear to split), but I'm certain this is correct behaviour when rendering
triangle fans. This patch does in fact address a specific bug (XF86 bug #185).

Good catch. That's another part of the puzzle, but it doesn't "fix" all of the SW TCL triangle fan problems by itself. For example, running Think Tanks with this patch on my Radeon 7200 DDR and RADEON_TCL_FORCE_DISABLE set, I get the same hang as with the TCL path w/o my emit_elts replacement patch. I think Keith may have the right idea: we need to take a long, hard look at just re-writing a bunch of the DMA template routines.