Ricardo,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 11:46:34PM +0100, Ricardo wrote:
> Hi, my name is Ricardo.
> I'm using Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r1 and since i haven't been able to
> install my ADSL modem and configure it,
> i don't have internet under it, wich means i'm doing all the downloads
> with Windows(for now).
> I?m having problems with the Ati Radeon driver .tar.bz2 file, i've tried
> downloading it with IE6, Mozilla 1.4 and MozillaFirebird 0.6,
> but for some reason i can't seem to open the file(i'm using Winace 2.5),
> all browsers identifies the file as .tar.tar,
> i've eliminated the last .tar but still it those not work . I've already
> burned the file to a cd but i can't do anything with it under Linux.
> what should i do to resolve this problem? i'll be waitting for your answer.

I found it strange that Mozilla Firebird doesn't do the right thing, but
in any case you can use the 'wget' program included in most distros to
download the tarball and then proceed as usual, i.e.:

  wget http://dri.sf.net/snapshots/...
  tar -xjf ...

replacing the dots for whatever driver package you're interested in.

José Fonseca