On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 22:28, Patricio Rojo wrote:

>   As requested in the download page, I'm notifying of some problems I
> found with the Debian packages. I haven't tested the driver thoroughly,
> hence, the following is concerning the compilation and installation only.
>
>   Line 41 of file modules/drm-trunk/i830_irq.c says
>             drm_device_t     *dev = (drm_device_t *)device;
>   instead of
>             drm_device_t     *dev = (drm_device_t *)arg;
>
>   The compilation fails if not corrected.

I've already fixed this in CVS. I'd like to wait for a couple of R100
fixes for the next version, but I may have to whip up another
drm-trunk-module-src version to prevent more reports...

>   The other problem is a kind of cosmetic one: Debian policy forbids
> overwritting of files belonging to other packages, therefore it could be
> nice to either warn about the kernel config parameters that shouldn't be
> selected before compiling one (CONFIG_DRM_I810, CONFIG_DRM_MGA,
> CONFIG_DRM_RADEON, CONFIG_DRM40_TDFX, CONFIG_DRM_R128 & CONFIG_DRM_I830)
> or leaving the files in a temporary directory and asking the user to move
> them by hand (So he knows the files and is allowed to backup if he wish)

This is a packaging issue, so you should have reported it to me
directly. :) Anyway, the best way to handle this is probably by
diverting the DRM modules of the kernel. I'll look into it.