Jon Smirl wrote:

These add all known Radeon and Rage128 PCI IDs to
their respective framebuffer drivers. It also updates
linux/pci_ids.h with these IDs.

Both drivers will display pretty_name if
CONFIG_PCI_NAMES is enabled, otherwise a name is
generated.

Please check over the chip family definitions in the
framebuffer files. The Radeon ones are more likely to
be wrong. I also made the Radeon FB claim secondary
adapters but not do anything with them. This will make
them display in /proc as being owned by the driver.
For this to work right the devices ID have to be in
the correct secondary family. I may not have these all
right since I don't have the doc.

I removed about 15 definitions from pci_ids.h that
were wrong.

The rage128 patch is newer than the last one. I had a
typo in an IFDEF. Rage128 add PCI IDs and fixes bug
when modprobe didn't work.

Did you see a very similar patch that I sent to dri-devel a week or two ago? Isn't pci_ids.h generated automatically from drivers/pci/pci.ids? The patch that I sent to dri-devel updates / cleans-up drivers/pci/pci.ids and had a Python script to generate a table that looks very similar to the radeonfb_pci_table. It seems that automatically generating that data from pci.ids is a better solution that doing it by hand.

I think using something more like my PCI ID structure would help cut out some code in the Radeon FB driver because instead of just having an enum in the table, you could have a pointer to a structure (such as the correct entry in the radeon_chip_info table) that would eliminate some of those extra switch-statements.

My changes only cover the Radeon family. Once that much got into DRI I had plans to make similar changes for the Rage128 and MGA families of chips.

Check:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=105979521324026&w=2

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email sponsored by: Free pre-built ASP.NET sites including Data Reports, E-commerce, Portals, and Forums are available now. Download today and enter to win an XBOX or Visual Studio .NET. http://aspnet.click-url.com/go/psa00100003ave/direct;at.aspnet_072303_01/01 _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel