On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:13:13 -0700
Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Felix Kühling wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > this is hopefully the final version of the per-screen dynamic GLX
> > extensions patch. Major changes from the last version:
> >
> > - per-screen data in __GLXscreenConfigs
> > - __DRIscreen has an opaque pointer back to the screenConfigs
> > - Bumped the internal libGL API version to 20030813
> > - __glXExtensionBitIsEnabled must be per-screen too
> > - requires two helper functions to find the __GLXscreenConfigs from
> >   either a GLXcontext or a display, screen pair
> > - Updated some comments in glxextensions.c
> >
> > To test that the screen finding functions actually work as expected we
> > should test at least one of the SwapInverval-related extensions and one
> > of the FBConfig-related ones. Can someone point me to some simple test
> > cases. I remember some posts about glxgears with SwapInterval support.
> > Is that in Mesa CVS? It is a bit inconvenient for me to download a whole
> > mesa CVS tree through a modem connection. Ian, IIRC you made those
> > changes in glxgears. Could you send me only the updated glxgears source?
>
> I never noticed this before, but the files you have in lib/GL/glx are
> waaaaaaay out of date.  There are a bunch of the functions you changed
> in glxcmds.c to get the __GLXscreenConfigs from the gc that don't have a
> gc anymore.  The MESA_swap_frame_usage and OML_sync_control functions
> have been fixed to not use a gc (because there may not be one currently
> bound) since July 3rd.  I did manage to work around all of the rejects,
> and I'm going to test it out.

Oops, that must be because I did that work on the config branch. If
there were substantial changes in glx code after I created the branch
then this work should probably go into the trunk. Feel free to commit
your own version of the patch if you think it's ready. Then the vblank
interrupt cleanup will have to wait until after the config branch merge
or we decouple it from the configuration completely.

Regards,
  Felix

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.