So here it is at last. :)

http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/radeon-pci-roundup.diff

It ended up quite a bit larger than I initially thought it would, but
most of it is straightforward (and some less straightforward, like a DDX
driver option and 3D driver environment variables) renaming. The main
semantic change is the removal of all artifical limits to GART features
for PCI GART. Then there's also the new detection of card type from the
subsystem ID; I haven't got much of any data about this yet, we'll see
how it fares. It seems to work for AGP Mac cards at least. :)

Comments appreciated; if there are no serious objections, I'll probably
commit it sometime this week.