  Benjamin> flush_tlb_kernel_range((unsigned long) addr, (unsigned long) addr + size);

  Benjamin> Why this flush ? I don't see why one would need to flush
  Benjamin> TLBs on a region obtained from vmap()... vmap will give
  Benjamin> you virtual addresses that weren't allocated before, so
  Benjamin> that shouldn't be in your tlb (if they were used by a
  Benjamin> previous vmalloc, then vfree would have cleared them...

Yes, I think you're right.  I checked my earlier patches and the
flush_tlb_kernel_range() was there as early as 9/28/2002 and shouldn't
have been needed even then (things worked differently then, but
eventually, it called vunmap() which also flushes the TLB).  I suspect
when I wrote the code I just forgot that vfree/vunmap take care of
flushing the TLB.

Thanks for catching this.

        --david