On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 17:02, Eric Anholt wrote:
> CVSROOT:      /cvsroot/dri
> Module name:  xc
> Repository:   xc/xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/sis/
> Changes by:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]       03/09/05 17:02:09
>
> Log message:
>   Update the SiS DRI driver for Mesa 5.  The updated driver is MMIO-only (though
>   it works on AGP cards), but AGP support is expected to follow.  Until then the
>   old render files (sis_render.c, sis_linefunc.h, sis_trifunc.h) are left around.
>   Includes many whitespace changes, which I apologize for.  It will remain
>   disconnected from the build until more widespread testing is done.

This is the current state of my update for the SiS.  I've done as much
testing of it as I can, and I'm down to the following things on my TODO:
- Re-add using AGP for vertices (this is a major speed issue I think)
- Figure out why the game part of quake3 doesn't work.
- Implement GL extensions.

If anyone wants to test, edit xc/config/cf/host.def and add sis to
XF86CardDrivers and DriDrivers and make World ; make install.  Most
likely you'll want the updated DRM, which allows for DRI without sisfb.
I'm interested in anything that doesn't work right or doesn't match
software.  Software can be tested withthe environment variable
LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 set, or using SIS_FORCE_FALLBACK=1 which uses
the software fallbacks in the driver.

I'd like to thank LinuxFund for sponsoring this work.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]