On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Alan Hourihane wrote:

>> > Do DRI developers need to worry about that ?
>>
>> It's no problem for me personally, no idea about other developers, but
>> what about users?
>
>They didn't have IPv6 before, so if it doesn't work now, there's still
>no problem for users.

The problem with the IPv6 support commited to XFree86 CVS, was
that it requires the system to have IPv6 support wether you
actually use IPv6 at all or not.  In other words, if your kernel
does not support IPv6, then you can not use XFree86 CVS as it
requires IPv6 unconditionally to be available on the system
wether or not the X server will actually be used with IPv6.

That was the original problem, however I do not know if that is
still the case or wether it's been fixed now or not.  It's
possible that someone fixed the IPv6 to not be unconditional, but
if it did get fixed, I must have missed seeing the checkin.

If the issue is still present however, then anyone compiling
XFree86 CVS and using it must have IPv6 on their system, even if
they don't use it.

Hope this helps.
TTYL

--