On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 01:24:21PM -0400, Malcolm Mallardi wrote:
> Second concern.  With any build of the drivers, certain applications
> and games when in hardware accellerated mode will not display the mouse
> cursor.  Two games that readily come to mind are Unreal Tournament and
> Soldier of Fortune.  Could this be an SDL bug rather than a bug with
> the matrox drivers?  I suspect it's a matrox issue, as I've seen those
> games work with other video card drivers just fine.  I am also unsure
> at this time how to get more information on this bug.

I doubt it's an SDL bug because I think that most games render their own
mouse cursor. I've seen this bug with freespace2 under XFree86. It works
fine under DirectFB. A quick glance at the freespace2 code suggests that
it renders the cursor with OpenGL.

> Third concern.  Using XFree86 4.3.0 I have been unable to use any of
> the mga driver builds more recent than 09/12/2003, due to the fact that
> from the 13th on, X dumps me out with an ABI minor version number
> mismatch error.

The XFree86 merge was finished around that time. Maybe this breakage is
intentional?

--
Ville Syrjälä
[EMAIL PROTECTED]