Here's what I know:

Redhat Rawhide Xfree works on 2.4 uni and smp with R128 DRM
Redhat Rawhide Xfree fails on 2.6 uni and smp, using kernel R128 DRM
DRI CVS fails on 2.6 uni and smp, using kernel R128 DRM
All combinations work on Radeon

All failures are the same, immediate segfault of 3D apps.
I am not getting a failure from the DRM driver, the fault is in r128_dri.so
I am using a PCI Rage128 so it is uncommon.

Does anyone else have a Rage128 that can give this a quick check?
I tried using gdb on this but I don't know how to get by the SSE segfault which
apparently is supposed to happen.

--- Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 14:06, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > I think R128 support is broken in the current 2.6 bk kernel. All 3D apps
> > segfault. Can anyone else verify?
>
> Have you verified that the same 3D driver works with another DRM? IIRC
> you posted somewhere that it segfaults in the Mesa SSE check, which is
> unlikely to be related to the DRM.
>

> --
> Earthling Michel Dänzer   \  Debian (powerpc), XFree86 and DRI developer
> Software libre enthusiast  \     http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer

=====
Jon Smirl