John Dennis wrote:
I've been trying to track down a DRI client and server deadlock
problem. I think I now know the problem, I'd appreciate it if others
could confirm this is a bug or if I have a misunderstanding.

This is the scenario:

1) Client takes heavyweight lock via ioctl, lock now has DRM_LOCK_HELD
bit or'ed in, high nibble is now 0x8.

2) Server requests heavyweight lock on a different context via ioctl,
lock is held by client, server is suspened pending release of lock by
client. The DRM_LOCK_CONT flag is or'ed in, high nibble is now 0xC.

3) Client wants to take lightweight lock, client currently holds
lock.

These locks don't support recursive locking -- if this situation arises, the client is broken.

Keith