On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> I could, and I just fixed this in CVS. The cause was dereferencing a
> pointer which is uninitialized in non-MergedFB mode.

It's still broken on i845, though.

No crashes, but Xv windows show up as all blue (I assume that's the
overlay color), and the X server takes up 100% CPU time when trying to
play anything. As a result, everything turns very jerky indeed, as other X
clients end up getting delayed by the (broken) Xv support.

It's been broken for at least a few weeks. I don't know what I can do to
help debug it, but I'll happily test patches.

                        Linus