On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Alex Deucher wrote:

> it seems to crash while validaing the modes on the second head.

Which is odd since, if I turn off mergedfb and just use normal xinerama,
it works fine, it has no problems validating the modes.

> I don't know why it should work on linux but not freebsd.  you might
> try turning off DCC and EDID.  perhaps those functions are causing a
> problem on freebsd, although it they wokred ok the first head, they
> should work on the second.
>
> Option "noddc" "true"
> Option "IgnoreEDID" "true"
> Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT, CRT"

I was already using the MonitorLayout option, and I just tried the noddc
option and the IgnoreEDID option.  Neither worked.

> You can also try adjusting the DDC mode:
> Option "DDCMode"

I just tried with it set to "on" and "off".  Neither worked.

Adam