--- Michel D�nzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 08:36, Alex Deucher wrote:
> >
> > Log message:
> >   Clean up of the mode validation code for MergedFB.
>
> Does it behave the same as pre-MergedFB by default now?

I haven't put back the old clone code, although the code that's there
should work (it's an almost identical code path, the only real
difference is how the crtc2 modes are stored in the driver).  It works
for me, but it may not work perfectly for others.  This was mostly a
clean up I've been working on for a while.  Unfortunately, it still
crashes when you run mergedfb mode without libint10.a.  I haven't been
able to track that down yet.

> >   Also enable MergedFB autoconfig which will automatically set the
> virtual
> >   desktop size and/or metamodes if you forget to specify them.
> Also added
> >   MergedFBAuto option which will automatically run single head or
> dualhead
> >   depending on whether it detects one or two attached monitors.
>
> Is that option really needed? Shouldn't that be the default?

Yeah, I guess it should :)  it was late, when I finally got it working.
 I'll make that the default tonight.

> PS: The name of Option "NoMergedXinerama" is broken. The option
> handling
> code will automatically treat "NoXXX" as "XXX" "off".

I'll take a look.

thanks,

Alex