On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 00:25:03 +0100
Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just compiled XFree86 4.2 with the S3 code drop for savage and DRI.
> With very little tweaking I got it to work on my notebook, 2D and 3D. Is
> the savage_1-0-0-branch based on the same code drop? If yes then it

Apperently not. Alan Hourihane committed the driver to the
savage-1_0_0-branch in June and Alan Cox announced an updated code drop
on 29 July. The diff between the savage_1-0-0_branch and what I have now
is huge (even with --ignore-all-space).

> looks like the 2D problems we were having with the savage_1-0-0_branch
> were introduced by the port to current DRI CVS. I'm going to attempt
> another port of the 2D driver tomorrow.

It took no real porting at all. I just copied the files into a current
source tree and compiled it. Current CVS has more warnings enabled in
the Imakefiles that I'm going to have to fix though. The kernel module
required a few small changes. Now I have an XFree86 4.3.99.12 Xserver
with the savage 2D driver from S3 that works with the Mesa-3-based 3D
driver from S3. Does anyone object if I make a new savage-2-0-0-branch
with the (for me) working 2D driver and kernel module?

> Rafael, have you made any progress with the 2D driver in the mean time?

Regards,
  Felix

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.