--- Eric Anholt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This makes me wonder how difficult it would be to get two
> servers to cooperatively share a DRM instance (both of them
> holding the DRM open, rather than the reinit thing done
> before).

I'd find this useful. It would let me run X on one VT and the new Mesa-solo
stuff on another while sharing the same DRM. But wouldn't you need a lot more
info, like how memory is getting allocated and which buffer the hardware is
displaying?

For example a windowing system based on pbuffers could make a window full
screen just by telling the video hardware to use a different buffer. The other
DRM client is going to need to know about this.

A future client could also be a DRI-console that knows how to talk to the DRM.
One solution to the FB/DRM problem is to make an fbconsole equivalent for DRM.

=====
Jon Smirl