OK, I'm planning to merge the vtx-0-2-branch to Mesa CVS trunk fairly shortly.

At the moment, it is well tested with the X11 driver, and it compiles with the r200 driver from linux-solo. I'll make sure the r200 driver works properly before merging, but there are a lot of other drivers out there that will be affected by this in larger or smaller ways.

The major changes are:
- *Much* cleaner vertex handling in tnl module.
- Display list compiler suitable for hardware-cached dlists.
- Immediate mode code based on r200 vtxfmt code, and suitable for codegen optimizations.
- Cleaner integration of VertexAttrib() and normal Color()/Normal() calls.

There are a couple of downsides at the moment:
        - Use of floating point color everywhere has some performance issues.
        - The expected teething problems.

In general, the bugs that I've had with this code have been very easy to track down and fix. I'm looking forward to getting it in as it clears up some of the nastiest code still in Mesa (authorship - mine...).

I'm hoping that this will mark the start of doing the driver development in the Mesa tree. Can I ask everyone currently working on the DRI tree to check if they have Mesa CVS permissions & if not email me and I'll work it out?

Shortly I'll start a DRI branch to investigate building the dri tree with the drivers living under Extras/ with the rest of mesa.

Keith