On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:33:23 +0000
José Fonseca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 10:54:11PM -0500, Marcus Lauer wrote:
> >     Can anyone tell me how I can get the latest mach64 binary snapshot?  Up until
> > the end of October there were available at
> > http://dri.sourceforge.net/snapshots/bleeding-edge/ .   Now they're gone.  I
> > just did a clean install of Mandrake 9.2 on an old laptop, and I've used that
> > driver on this laptop with older distros, so I'd like to use it once again.
>
> There have been some problems lately building the mach64 and s3virge drivers, which I
> still didn't got around to fix them. And the cronjob running at
> SourceForge eventually erased all older snapshots.
>
> I'm going to see what's causing this (it must be something in the build
> system, since there haven't been commits to those branches recently).
> I'm also see if I can prevent older snapshots from being erased when new
> ones aren't available.
>
> Jose Fonseca

José, I started setting up a snapshot build on freedesktop. I didn't get
to building branches yet but I noticed that the scripts on
dri.sf.net/snapshots/scripts are partly outdated. E.g. extract.sh has
your fix for static linking with libexpat. But snapshots.cron still
builds the config-0-0-1-branch and package.sh includes xdriinfo only on
that branch. And there is one more inconsistency. The variable that
points to the XFree86 source tarball is called XFREE86_SOURCE in
config.sh but XFREE86_PACKAGE in extract.sh. These are things that are
easily spotted and fixed. Are there other important differences?

Regards,
  Felix

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.