XGI is a joint venture from the trident and sis people.  Sis has
released zero documentation in the past.  trident is somewhat better.
As far as I know XGI has not released any databooks for these chips.
they may be developing drivers in house.  whether they will be
opensource or binary (or developed at all) remains to be seen.  for 2D
the chips may work with the exisiting sis or trident drivers.  if you
are inclined to develop a driver you can ask them and see what they
say.  unfortunately unless they contract with a DRI developer, I doubt
much will happen with regard to a new driver since there are already
limited opensource developers furhter limited by lack of time and
resources.  we'll see though...

Alex