Am Dienstag, 09. Dezember 2003 02:22 schrieb Michel DÃnzer:
> On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 00:24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I am trying to get a Radeon 9000 pro to work using the latest DRI CVS
> > tree, but encountering a few problems.
> >
> > The system in question is a pair of opterons running on a Tyan S2885
> > board, with Suse 9.0 Professional (AMD64) installed and the latest
> > 2.4.21-149 kernel.
> >
> > I get the same results whether building/installing the whole tree, or
> > building/installing just the radeon.o module.
> >
> > After manually modprobing agpgart, and starting X, glxinfo reports that
> > direct rendering is enabled, and I can run either multiple GL apps or
> > instances of apps that do not use textures (like glxgears, or bubble3d
> > from the xscreensaver modules), or a single instance of a GL app that
> > uses textures.
> >
> > Attempting to run more than one GL app with at least one of the apps
> > using textures results in the apps freezing up, and the keyboard locking.
> >  The mouse cursor still responds, but not the buttons.
>
> If you have network access to the box, and you can still log in after
> this happens, which process hogs the CPU, and what happens when you kill
> it?

Appear on all (?) SMP systems so far for some months...
Even Quake3 didn't run in SMP mode (quake3-smp) anymore (after Ian's context
rearrangements).

I havent't had enough time and a broken system disks to examine even further
in the past weeks.

dual Athlon MP 1900+
R200, 64 MB

Please try two "gears", then "gears" and "ipers" and then two instances of
"ipers".

Greetings,
        Dieter
--