I just went through the hardware I have on FreeBSD trying the newmesa
DRI, testing with glxgears and tuxracer, and the mesa demos reflect,
gloss, and tunnel.

The r200 system had 4.3.99.15 server, 4.3.0 libGL, and newmesa GL
drivers.  1600x1200x16 screen.  The other tests were done on another
system with a 4.3.99.15 server (except for MGA, which was done with
4.3.0 server) newmesa libGL (after seeing the issues listed using 4.3.0
libGL and wanting to be sure), and newmesa GL drivers.  640x480x16
screen.  I have doubts about the glide I was using for the v5, but I
hope to get a new glide soon (just need to package it up, which has
defeated me many times in the past).

Results:
r200: minor flickering of tree textures
r100: tuxracer's ground broken
r128, SiS, MGA: tuxracer's ice patches are very ugly (more than before)
SiS: gloss looks very different -- not glossy?
SiS: reflect broken
v5: texturing broken in tuxracer, tunnel, gloss

reflect's visual wasn't available on r128 and MGA, perhaps due to using
depth 16.

Hardware:
r200: Radeon QL 8500
r100: Radeon QW 7500
SiS: SiS 305 PCI
r128: Rage 128 Pro PF (iirc)
MGA: MGA G400
v5: Voodoo5 5500

P.S. Felix, I still have testing that r128 diff on my TODO, sorry for
not trying it yet.

--
Eric Anholt                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         [EMAIL PROTECTED]