Ian Romanick wrote:

Log message:
  All of the libglx.a and libGLcore.a code now uses __GLcontextModes to
  track FBconfigs / visuals.

Just a heads up. The next step will be to enable "fake" support for SGIX_fbconfig on the server-side. Basically, I will just assign an FBconfig ID to the visuals supplied by the DDX driver. Once that is done and the server-side protocol support is added, we'll be able to advertise SGIX_fbconfig! Yay.

Once that is done, I would like to have help modifying *all* of the drivers to use the new interfaces. After that, I think it will be safe to merge it all to the trunk. There is a subtle issue there, which was discussed some at the dri-devel chat today. Where should the per-driver changes be committed? We came up with three options, and, quite frankly, I'm not too fond of any of them.

1. Commit the changed files to the DRI tree and patch up the Imakefiles to use the files in the DRI tree instead of the unchanged files in the Mesa tree.

2. Create a driinterface-0-0-2 branch in the Mesa tree and commit the changes there.

3. Commit the changes to the trunk of the Mesa tree. The modified drivers need to work with old libGL.so binaries, and this would be a way to be sure of that. :)

Option #1 is, after further consideration, really bad. Options #2 and #3 are close, but I'm leaning towards #3. Opinions?

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials. Become an expert in LINUX or just sharpen your skills. Sign up for IBM's Free Linux Tutorials. Learn everything from the bash shell to sys admin. Click now! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1278&alloc_id=3371&op=click -- _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel