Michel DÃnzer wrote:
On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 10:28, Keith Whitwell wrote:

how should I reproduce the problem?

Start any textured app (e.g. the xscreensaver lament hack) with current libGL from DRI CVS and current r200 driver from Mesa CVS.

Sorry if I'm being slow about this -- we've had bad mail problems here for the last few days, so I've been losing mail all over the place & long delays as well.

No worries, it seems sf.net had at least as severe problems...

I've just been running lament with what I beleive to be a clean build & I'm not seeing any problems at all - has the problem been fixed in the meantime, or do I need to do something more?

It's still broken here. Does revision 1.4 of
Mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/texmem.c correspond to a DRM change?
(I'm running the DRM from the 2.6 kernel)

No - at least it shouldn't. It is intended to make the userspace drivers respect a kernel module which can set the 'in_use' field in the global LRU to mark 'reserved' regions, such as those handed to individual clients by an in-kernel allocator.

But in the absense of any such allocator, the LRU should continue to work the same way - in fact it does even on drivers with such an allocator, up until the point where an allocation is actually made.

Keith