On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:46:48 +0100
Roland Scheidegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]
> The GLX visual matching code is pretty much driver-independant, so it's
> odd this would only be a problem with the mga driver. That said, there
> were some changes in that area since XFree86 4.3, but I don't think the
> visual matching code was broken in a way which could have caused this
> bug - it would be helpful if the OP could test this with a newer XFree86
> version. Unfortunately though I believe the dri snapshots (both driver
> and the (needed) XFree server from the extras directory) do not include
> the changed glx stuff.

The snapshots include libGL. Any GLX changes should be in there. It's
possible though, that the wrong libGL is used on the target system, not
the one installed by the snapshot. Only ldd can tell. ;-)

[snip]
> > If you want to test it start TORCS with -s to disable multitexturing.
> That's also something which shouldn't be necessary, the G400/G450/G550
> should work AFAIK just fine with multitexturing.

The microcode in the MGA driver can't handle multi texturing with
projective textures. See Ville's comments in the thread "Slow Mtex in
DRI".

[snip]

Regards,
  Felix