--- Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:38:04 -0800
> Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > CVSROOT:    /cvs/dri
> > Module name:        xc
> > Repository: xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage/
> > Changes by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       04/02/17 12:38:04
> >
> > Log message:
> >   - fix console corruption.  rather than just arbitrarily setting a
> text mode
> >   the driver now uses the bios save/restore routine that S3 used in
> their
> >   driver.  I can't seem to make it work with pure save/restore of
> regs...
> >   - disable DRI when shadowFB is used
> >   - make sure Initialize2DEngine() is called in the non-bios mode
> setting path.
> >
> > Modified files:
> >       xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage/:    Tag:
> savage-2-0-0-branch
> >         savage_driver.c savage_driver.h savage_vbe.c savage_vbe.h
> >
> >   Revision      Changes    Path
> >   1.11.4.10     +18 -5
> xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage/savage_driver.c
> >   1.9.4.6       +10 -0
> xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage/savage_driver.h
> >   1.2.4.4       +82 -0
> xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage/savage_vbe.c
> >   1.1.1.2.28.3  +23 -0
> xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage/savage_vbe.h
> >

> This commit had another undesired (?) side effect. Changing to a
> lower
> resolution on my notebook (ProSavage DDR) just makes the displayed
> area
> smaller. The image is no longer scaled up to the panel size.

Felix, please try again with the latest cvs.  my sorting out of the 2D
accel problem wed. seems to have fixed the console corruption, so I
removed the bios SaveRestoreConsole() routine. that may have been the
cause of your problems with expansion.  unfortunately, expansion seems
to work fine on my IX with or without the change.

Alex