Hi!i'm a complete newbie to Linux, and I've installed Gentoo 1.4 with 2.6.3
kernel on a Compaq Presario 700 laptop,... everything's great (thanks to some
help by some Gentoo gurus) but I don't have 3D acceleration with my S3
Twister card... (oh, yeah I compiled XFree 4.3)
So I followed the instructions in the CVS thing, and now I have a nice XC
directory in my home directory, but I don't know what the heck to do with
that... I tried their make World and make install, and when I restarted
Xfree, it didn't seem to do any difference...

So can someone do a nice little HOWTO on how to install this correctly?
I've browsed the mailing list archives but haven't been able to find out, as
obviously CVS is not meant for linux newbies (but don't worry, I don't care
wrecking my system, I would just have to recompile :-) )

Thank you very very very much for your answers!

Yannick