On Wednesday 25 February 2004 06:02 am, Alex Deucher wrote:

> I don't show any corruption on the savages I have access to (IX,
> savage4).  What chip are you running on?  Did you follow the
> instructions here:
> http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Building

Alex,

My XFRee86.0.log shows this line

(--) SAVAGE(0): Chip: id 8a22, "Savage4"

so I assume it is a Savage4.

As for the instructions, this is probably the problem. I did not add
#define MesaSrcDir /path/to/Mesa
when I did a Make World so it is hard to say what I built. I added this and
now I get compile error probably because my source tree is not setup
correctly.
I made a directory /development and from this used the cvs command at the web
page to grab Mesa. This gave me a tree of files in /development/Mesa. I had
my DRI tree in /development/xc/xc so I added the line
#define MesaSrcDir /development/Mesa
in host.def but during compile I get this error

make[4]: Entering directory `/development/xc/xc/lib/GL/mesa/src'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `/development/Mesa/src/accum.c', needed by
`accum.c'.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/development/xc/xc/lib/GL/mesa/src'
make[3]: *** [includes] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/development/xc/xc/lib/GL'
make[2]: *** [includes] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/development/xc/xc/lib'
make[1]: *** [includes] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/development/xc/xc'
make: *** [World] Error 2

I tried all kinds of guesses for the right path, but nothing worked. I see
accum.c in /development/xc/xc/lib/GL/mesa/src and also /development/Mesa/src/
mesa/main so I am confused. Was I supposed to go to xc/xc/lib/GL and pull the
Mesa cvs tree from this directory?

Thanks for the help.

--
George Lengel (Worm)
"Kohli head. You could have been lava bones.