For those of you messing with XvMC support on savage, I just checked in
a fix for the missing extension problem.  I had forgotten to port over
the setup code from S3's driver.  I tested it briefly on savage4, but I
only got an blue window.  It's possible that the XvMC stuff is
prosavage/twister only.  Looking at the code it looks to be based on
the old streams engine, so there is a good chance it is specific to
those chips.  If any of you out there want to test, grab the latest DRI
cvs and a copy of the savage XvMC lib.  you can grab the one I built
here:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/savage/libsavageXvMC.a
move it to /usr/X11R6/lib .
Also, there is not at the moment a device independant XvMC lib so you
have to link any XvMC apps directly with the device dependant lib.  the
savage xvmc lib name is 'savageXvMC'

If anyone gets it working let me know and I'll add the necessary bits
to cvs.

Alex