--- Ian Romanick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A 3rd option would be to forge ahead and get DRI drivers building
> directly in the Mesa tree.  We've been talking about doing this ever
> since CVS moved to fd.o.  No time like the present, I guess.  What we'll
> want to do is move some of the files from lib/GL/dri, probably just
> dri_util.c & dri_util.h, from the DRI tree to Mesa.  We'll then need to
> break-out the parts of lib/GL/glx/glxclient.h that are specific to DRI
> (i.e., define the interfaces betten libGL and the DRI driver) into their
> own header.  That header should also be moved to the DRI tree.

This is how I thought DRI was building the DRI drivers. I was unaware of scheme
using Imake and ln -s. But now I know better.

I'd like to see this get implemented. I'll do what I can to support it from the
Mesa side but my knowledge of the DRI build process is very limited. You would
probably want to create
mesa/src/glx/dri and put dri_util.c, dri_util.h, glxclient pieces into it to
build libGL.so. This would parallel the miniglx build.

Can the driver objects from the linux-solo build be used directly in Xfree?

=====
Jon Smirl