Hi!

Is it possible to use the heavyweight drm locking mechanisms for other
locks than the global hardware lock?

What I'm after is a mechanism to suspend drm-aware processes until a
display resource gets available and then wake them up on a FIFO basis when
the process that currently holds the resource signals it's availability.
Typically processes hold the resource for at least 10 ms, so the global
lock is not an option; spinlocks are too cpu-consuming.

I was wondering if one could implement a second lock struct in the private
part of the SAREA and then use a drm IOCTL on that one, but briefly
browsing the headers I see no way to pass a private lock to the DRM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Thomas